Thursday, April 10, 2008

Knitting Progress

Well I have a little bit of knitting progress to post but not a whole lot. First off I have some progress on my second Monkey sock. I just turned the heel and am about to do the gusset.

I have kind of been putting off finishing this pair of socks because I didn't have any more sock yarn to start new socks and can't afford to buy any at the moment. This problem however was fixed by winning yet another contest the other day where I won some sock yarn and a sock bag from the Baa Baa Blacksheep blog. She has a great blog which you should go check out. She also has a awesome Etsy shop where she sells handdyed yarn and knitting bags (the link over the word Etsy is to her shop). I hope you will all check it out because both her yarn and bags are beautiful.

I also have pictures of my slowly progressing Honeybee Stole which is made out of the lace yarn from the last contest that I won. I have finished one 20 row repeat in the first section and I am loving how it is turning out. I can't wait to see it as a FO but that is a long way off seeing as how long it is taking me to knit just one repeat of the pattern.


I also wanted to run a idea by all my readers. I am thinking about posting about different books that I have read or am reading once a week on the blog and just wanted to know how you all feel about that. I have been trying to come up with some ideas for weekly blog posts for a couple days a week so if any of you have any ideas it would me much appreciated. One other thing that I have though about doing weekly is posting each week about an Etsy shop I have found. Most of them I probably won't have bought anything from as I am fairly new to Etsy but I thought that would be kind of fun to do so that my readers could see some of the other things I am interested in other than knitting and yarn.

No comments: